Skip to main content

Outing to Singapore Sports Museum

Image result for singapore sports museumOn the 22nd of March, I went to the Singapore Sports Museum. I took the East West line and Circle line by train to the Stadium station to reach the place.

I had to pay a $5 fee to enter. The Visitor Center (place where I bought the ticket) was big and spacious. 





There was a Hall of Fame on which the Singaporean athletes' names were written. It was nicely decorated. 









There also were pillars which showed the specific place in the past and the present. I enjoyed this as I got to see the places I visit to today, in the past.








There was a section in the museum for every sport. For swimming, they had even kept a pair of an athlete's swimming trunks!










A badminton player, Wong Peng Soon had some special spoon medals which looked unique. I never knew that there was something called a 'spoon' medal!








The museum had also kept turnstiles of the previous National Stadium which were really cool.






There was every FIFA World Cup Ball since the 1970 World Cup. All the way from Mexico to Russia.



In 2010, the Youth Olympic Games took place in Singapore. Many countries attended.


There was an additional putt-putt golf area where you could play with family and friends.




At the end, I went to the Shimano Cycling World which was gigantic! It had a wonderful entrance.


There were also different types of bicycle gears.

My overall experience at Singapore Sports Museum was great! It's a must visit place! Search it up now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY NEW BLOG

Hi readers! This blog has been giving me few problems, so I have created a new Word Press blog. Don’t worry, this one will stay. I am not transferring any posts to my new blog. You can visit it at  mihirtheblogger.home.blog . THANK YOU FOR COOPERATING!

Trip to Genting Highlands, Malaysia

On a school excursion, I  went to Genting Highlands from 23rd of September to 25th of September, 2 nights and 3 days. My school, Global Indian International School were taking us by coach. DAY 1 We had to reach school at 6 am in the morning. We left from school at 7. The ride was quite smooth. We did immigration at Tuas checkpoint. As soon as you do immigration you're in Johor. As Singapore is an island, it is separated from Malaysia. So, there  had to be a bridge connecting these both. On the bridge to enter Malaysia, there was heavy traffic. We had to wait for about 40 minutes to reach across in Malaysia. Later after doing a security baggage check in the Malaysian checkpoint, we had to board another bus.  After boarding into another bus, five minutes later, we went to a B&B which is a breakfast place and a shop. I  bought few items there. The items were very cheap there as compared to Singapore. But, I didn't buy any breakfast there. In Genting we we...

Alvaro Morata

Alvaro Borja Morata is a professional soccer player who is a forward for Chelsea and a striker for the Spanish national football team. He had joined Chelsea for a £58 million deal. He is no. 9 in Chelsea and no. 7 in the Spanish National Football Team. He had gone to various other teams before joining Chelsea, like Real Madrid and Juventus. He has won many awards like Zlatan Ibrahimovic . Morata celebration On 5 November 2017, he scored a goal against his formerly coach's team.  He has scored a numerous amount of goals till now and will score more than that in the future. Morata does his celebration in a very weird way. He is now my favourite player now.