Skip to main content

Universal Studios Singapore

On the 29th of March, I visited Universal Studios in the Sentosa island. I went on the Sentosa Express, a train to the place.

It was a wonderful start with the Universal logo going round and round.

There were many names for the parts of Universal Studios - Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, The Lost World, Ancient Egypt, Far Far Away and Madagascar.


I started off with a show called 'Lightz Camera Action with Steven Spielberg'. It demonstrated a scene of a Stage 5 Hurricane in which a bridge dropped and splashed everyone. Fires came up and windows broke off. It was a really good demonstration.

There was a crazy roller coaster ride which called Battlestar Galactica. This ride had two opposing sides, and therefore two rides, Human and Cylon. On the Human ride, you could keep your foot on the ship, but in the Cylon ride, your legs were hanging.

I ended up going on the Human ride. We had lockers to keep our stuff (free for the 1st hour, then payment after that). We were not allowed to wear our glasses. This was because of the steep turns. The Human ride had a huge, almost vertical drop of about 30 m. Otherwise, it was very nice. In the guide, it mentioned it went 14 storeys high in the air!

I moved on by going to the Ancient Egypt section where I went for the Revenge of the Mummy ride. I loved this. It was a roller coaster in the dark. So, in the starting the characters explained to us that we had to get a missing scroll. It was the best ride till now. We needed to get the lockers for this ride too.

I next went for a ride called Treasure Hunters which was a simple ride on a jeep. The storyline was that there was a missing archaeologist and we had to look for clues to find him. It was a slow ride, good for kids.

After 5 attractions, I went for lunch at a place called Loui's NY Pizza Parlor which was located in the New York section.

I moved on to 'The Lost World' section of the Universal Studios where I watched a stunt show called 'Waterworld'. It's based on a movie called Waterworld and was literally AMAZING! There were lots of stunts and gunshots during the show which made it very realistic. This is was the best thing of the day.
Image result for canopy ride universal studios singapore
I also went on a ride called Canopy Flyer which flew above the "The Lost World" section. It was not steep. Your legs are hanging and you move fast. I loved this ride.

The other rides at "The Lost World" had a long waiting time, so I moved on to the Far Far Away section. I went for a junior roller coaster ride called Enchanted Airways. It had low dips and was overall pretty fun.

There were only 2 interesting rides in Far Far Away and the other one had a long wait so I went to the Madagascar section. In the Madagascar section, the ride I went for was called Madagascar : A Crate Adventure. You sit in a boat and see the Madagascar story. It was enjoyable.











Finally the crowd had toned down in Far Far Away and I went for the second ride there, Shrek 4-D Adventure. In the beginning, a brief introduction was shown about the story. I absolutely loved the experience with water falling from the top! My seat moved around in some parts in different directions and I really liked this ride!

As I was coming back to the entrance, I went to Sci-Fi  City for the last ride which was Transformers The Ride : The Ultimate 3D Battle. I wore 3D glasses and sat in a car which went around and showed me battling Transformers. It was so good I went twice!
Image result for transformers the ride
Again, I was really hungry so I went to a restaurant called Mel's Drive In where I ordered cheesy fries. It was actually delicious!

For the last thing for the day, I saw the after-hours parade. I loved the parade as it was beautifully presented.

Overall, I LOVED Universal Studios Singapore would visit in innumerable times if I could! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answers for Mystery Riddles

CREDITS  - 7 second riddles #1)   A man was found dead in his office. The suspects are: Erica, Nicolas, Sofia and Jonas Before the man died he circled numbers in his calendar: 7 10 11 8 9 WHO KILLED THE MAN? The numbers stand for the starting letter of each month: J uly O ctober N ovember A ugust S eptember The killer was JONAS. #2)  Annie and Peter wanted to check which elevator is faster. They got on elevators simultaneously and pressed the floor button. You were asked to keep a watch on who comes first but you got distracted for a moment. When you looked back, they were already there. (Look at the picture and answer who came first) As the door behind Peter is closed, he came first. Annie just got there as the door was open #3)  A woman got on a taxi, told the address and started to chat. The driver responded that he doesn't hear her because he is   deaf and his hearing aid is broken. She then stops chatting. When she got to her home, she understood h

Book review - The Eyes Of The Eagle by Ruskin Bond

THE EYES OF THE EAGLE Jai was grazing his sheep in the Tung meadows when he heard the loud, echoing call of a Golden Eagle. He gathered four sheep together to send them inside. But, where was his fifth one? The Golden Eagle had taken it. When this happened he reported it to his grandfather. Grandfather wasn’t very sad at all. He said that this was sure to happen someday. For protection, his grandfather gave him a stick. The Eyes Of The Eagle He later noticed, that the Golden Eagle had also clawed Motu, Jai’s dog. Motu was bleeding quite a bit. Jai wrapped his handkerchief around Jai’s leg and carried him to grandfather’s house. Can Jai use the stick to prevent the Golden Eagle from taking more sheep? Read the book to find out! This book is for people aged 7+. I rate it 9/10 as it is written very well and the illustrations are very beautiful. I like that he is not afraid of the Eagle. Read the book and write your rating in the comments below! 

Mystery Riddles

I know I have posted riddles before but these riddles are way more interesting as these are Mystery Riddles. Here are 15 of them. CREDITS - 7 SECOND RIDDLES #1)   A man was found dead in his office. The suspects are: Erica, Nicolas, Sofia and Jonas Before the man died he circled numbers in his calendar: 7 10 11 8 9 WHO KILLED THE MAN? #2)  Annie and Peter wanted to check which elevator is faster. They got on elevators simultaneously and pressed the floor button. You were asked to keep a watch on who comes first but you got distracted for a moment. When you looked back, they were already there. (Look at the picture and answer who came first) #3) A woman got on a taxi, told the address and started to chat. The driver responded that he doesn't hear her because he is deaf and his hearing aid is broken. She then stops chatting. When she got to her home, she understood he was lying. HOW? #4) There was a murder on a space station. You've found the body in the